One of the best things about consuming cannabis is that there are numerous different ways that you can choose from. You can go for vapes, tinctures, capsules, oils, edibles, and other ways of consuming cannabis – but most users just go for straight-up smoking. Usually, smokers use bowls, bongs – but in this article, the spotlight will be on spliffs. In this article, you will learn how to make a spliff and what it is, really.
What Is a Spliff?
A spliff can simply be defined as mixing tobacco with your marijuana stash. To consume it, you just smoke it like the usual cigarette or joint. However, the difference lies in the use of original cigarette paper instead of other types. This also means that a spliff appears just like a basic tobacco cigarette.
Spliffs are perfect for social smoking, parties, concerts, or any event when you are not at the comforts of your home, and you want to discreet about the way you are getting high.
How to Make A Spliff – A Step By Step Guide
Start by gathering the equipment that you will need. You should have a rolling paper, tobacco, a filter tip or roach, and a grinder. Make sure that what you use is high quality tobacco. Do not go for dry cigarette tobacco. The taste and quality will be better if you get soft rolling tobacco.
Once you have gathered the tools that you will need, take a piece of the rolling paper, making sure that you will lay the paper down facing the way you will roll it with the glue side facing down.
The next step involves ensuring that you will not encounter small bits of ground cannabis or loose tobacco while smoking. In this step, you will secure the filter towards one end of the cliff to avoid inhaling these bits that can taste awful and disgusting. What you should do is to take the filter and fold down its side to a small zig-zag pattern.
Continue folding the zig-zag pattern until about halfway in. Your end result should appear like a circular tip with a repeated letter Z pattern.
Now is the time to lay down the initial layer, which is filled with soft tobacco.
Next, add the ground up marijuana buds on top of the tobacco.
To complete the contents, add another fine layer of tobacco for an even burn.
Lastly, you should close the spliff by rolling it. Start from the filter tip and maintain the alignment up to the rest of the rolling paper. Secure it by licking the sticky part of the paper and stick to the other part of the paper.
What Are The Advantages Of Using A Spliff?
1. Spliffs are easier to make compared to other ways of consuming cannabis. Because you mix your cannabis with some tobacco, you are given the advantage of having something to balance out your buds, whether they are dry or sticky.
2. Spliffs also provides the user with an overall smoking experience – and that alone can be reason enough to learn how to make a spliff. If you have tried out rolling joints, you might have noticed that one side of the joint usually burns faster compared to the other side, making the experience undesirable. In fact, in more problematic cases, joints burn themselves out, leaving the smoker to repeatedly lighting the joint up. If you want to experience a consistent quality of smoking from start to finish – a spliff can give you just that.
3. Spliffs allow you to go through your cannabis stash last for an extended period. Because you will be mixing your stash with some tobacco, you will be able to stretch out your cannabis supply. If you look at it, 1 gram of Cannabis costs about 12 dollars, and 35 grams of tobacco costs the same price. Imagine how much you will be able to save by going for a splif.
4. If you do not like a more potent experience, spliffs will be good for you. Are you the type of smoker that prefers having a slight buzz instead of being intensely stoned? This is what a spliff is good for. Plus, if you think about it, you are also adding nicotine into the mix – making you are high more interesting yet not overwhelming.
5. Spliffs are perfect for smoking cannabis discreetly in any place that you are allowed to smoke cigarettes. Sometimes, smoking at home can be tiring – especially if you have a craving to interact with other people. If you think about it, smoking with a spliff that actually tastes and smells like a cigarette, can be considered very safe compared to just smoking weed in a public place – which is usually punishable by law.
What are The Social Rules in Smoking Spliffs in Public?
If you are planning to smoke somewhere with people around you after learning how to make a spliff, there are things that you should think about very carefully.
First, it is important that you let the people close to you know that you are smoking a spliff and not a cigarette. In social circumstances, there are practices of sharing whatever it is you smoke. Disclosing that you are smoking a spliff is crucial. This will let them know that the contents so that they can decide whether they would partake or not.
Second, you should let people know what kind of cannabis, how much cannabis, and how much tobacco is placed into the spliff. This is because there are people who have their own restrictions or preferences in terms of the spliffs that they will consume.
Smoking spliffs is something that you can no longer take away from the cannabis industry. There are thousands of fans of the delicious combination that ground cannabis and soft tobacco can make. Now that you know how to make a spliff, it is time to try them out for yourself, so you can decide if it is a technique you will try again or just leave to a single experience.