Cannabis is represented by several varieties on the market. If you have never tried marijuana, you might wonder what hybrid high effects are like.
Cannabis effects are unpredictable because every consumer reacts differently and that is for sure. The method of consumption also affects how individuals would feel after absorbing cannabis into their bodies. People reported that they experience various physical and psychological effects. In this article, you will learn the possible effects of cannabis hybrids to someone who consumes it.
What is cannabis hybrid?
Cannabis is divided into several subtypes including Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, and Hybrid. The cannabis type that is gaining popularity among consumers is the hybrid strain. Nowadays, the majority of cannabis products are hybrids. According to research published in June 2019, cannabis hybrid is the result of breeding Sativa and Indica strains. Having genetics of Sativa and Indica strains give hybrids the ability to provide the best of both worlds. Cannabis plants grown from hybrid strains can be classified as Sativa and Indica dominant.
Additionally, this cannabis strain offers a more balanced combination of Sativa and Indica effects.
Here are some examples of popular cannabis hybrids:
- Blue Dream
- OG Kush
- White Widow
- Mazar x Blueberry
- NYC Diesel
Consumption Methods of Cannabis
There are a lot of ways to ingest or consume cannabis products. The method used to feel the effects of cannabis for medicinal or recreational purposes also plays a huge role in the overall experience of the consumer. Read on to learn more about the various ways to consume cannabis.
The inhalation method is the quickest way to deliver cannabis into the system of the consumer. Below are the two techniques to inhale cannabis.
- Smoking – this involves burning of the buds and inhaling the active ingredients of the cannabis plants.
- Vaporization – this option is a healthier alternative to smoking. Through this method, the cannabis is vaporized instead of being burned to release active ingredients without the unhealthy contaminants that someone can get from smoking cannabis.
The oral delivery method is administered through the mouth. For consumers ingesting cannabis orally, it may take a while for it to kick in but this method makes them feel the effects much longer. Below are some examples of ingesting cannabis orally.
- Edibles – food or beverage products that are infused with marijuana.
- Capsules – are usually used by patients and also considered as a safer alternative from smoking or vaping.
- Tinctures – are cannabis products that are in liquid forms.
This method of using cannabis products is common among older people to reduce pain and inflammation. However, topical methods do not provide cerebral stimulation. Topical methods are alternatives to absorb active cannabinoids from cannabis through the skin. Below are the examples of topicals infused with cannabis.
- Bath products
Sativa and Indica
The impact of cannabis on people is determined by the plant’s genetics. Cannabis Hybrid comes from crossbreeding the desired Sativa and Indica strains, so hybrids effects are the same as to what their parent plants provide. For example, Sativa dominant hybrids provide an uplifting effect to consumers, on the other hand, Indica dominant hybrids gives a more relaxing effect.
THC and CBD
Another factor to consider is the THC and CBD contents which are cannabinoids chemicals found in cannabis plants. There are more components found in cannabis but THC and CBD are the two most researched cannabinoids.
- THC is a psychoactive ingredient found in cannabis plants.
- This cannabinoid can alter the behavior, mood, perception, and consciousness of those who consume it.
- THC is also the chemical that causes the euphoric feeling or high to people who consume marijuana.
- THC is also used as an alternative for treating acute pain, relaxation, and appetite stimulation.
- It is a non-psychoactive chemical found in cannabis plants.
- CBD is non-euphoric which means that it cannot make someone high.
- CBD also has properties to treat various health conditions such as anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, neuroprotective, blood pressure reducing as well as nerve pain-reducing, and autoimmune response regulating abilities.
- CBD is also believed to reduce certain side effects of THC like anxiety and tachycardia.
Effects of Cannabis in the Mind and Body
The effects of hybrid and any other cannabis strains vary from person to person. The overall cannabis impact also depends on the person’s size, weight and, health condition. Additionally, it also matters if a person has taken other drugs before or during consuming cannabis hybrid products. Currently, there is no safe level of cannabis usage that is why it is always important to be careful of how much cannabis product you put inside your body. Check out the below list of some immediate effects once the cannabis is fully absorbed in your body system.
Some Immediate Effects of Cannabis
- The person may experience loss of inhibition.
- You can also notice spontaneous laughter.
- There are times when people once they get high, some of them become quiet or have a reflective mood.
- Some reported that cannabis also affects perception including sound, color and other sensations in the body.
- You may also experience confusion.
- Being high from cannabis can also alter the thinking and memory of the person.
- A lot have reported feeling symptoms of anxiety.
- In some cases, it is possible to experience mild paranoia.
- It is also normal to have an altered vision when you get high from marijuana.
- There is a noticeable change in the eye like reddened/bloodshot eyes.
- It promotes relaxation and even sleepiness to the person.
- When consumers start to feel high they can experience a reduced in coordination and balance.
- Getting high can also increase your heart rate or decrease blood pressure.
- You can also feel an increase in your appetite.
Additionally, when you smoke cannabis in low to moderate doses it can last at least 2 to 4 hours. While ingesting cannabis, you can usually start feeling the effects within 1 hour.
Are you ready to try these effects? Get your hybrid cannabis seeds here!
As we have mentioned in this article, the hybrid high effects of cannabis may depend on the type of strain, quantity or level of cannabinoids and method of consumption, etc. We have only covered the basic factors involving cannabis effects, there are other scientific explanations available, and so it is best especially for beginners to do your research before using marijuana. Being knowledgeable of the primary details about cannabis is already a good first step towards a pleasurable cannabis experience.