Want to make your CBD oil from marijuana? Making marijuana CBD oil directly from your kitchen is a fairly easy task. This article will guide you step by step on how to make your CBD oil.
People who are frequently using CBD oils can get a lot of advantages by making their CBD oil at home. Nowadays, many more retailers are selling CBD oil but it is not easy to determine the quality of the product you are getting unless it’s coming from a trusted retailer. Aside from that, the prices in the market are also regularly increasing that is why it can be difficult to find exactly what you are looking for.
Reasons to Make Your Own CBD Oil from Marijuana
Before we give the guidelines, let’s first discuss the benefits you can get from making your CBD oil. There are a lot of health benefits you can get from CBD oil but this is not the only advantages you can enjoy when you make your CBD oil. Below are the other benefits of making CBD oil at home.
It Helps You Save Money
When you use cannabis concentrates to make your CBD oil, you can reduce the costs by more than 50% compared to what you will spend from buying CBD oil in retail stores.
Ensures quality of the CBD Oil
Although all companies promise to give quality products, consumers cannot always guarantee to receive the best one because there are still no established quality standards from selling CBD oil in the market. However, you have to make sure the ingredients of your CBD oil are of top quality when you make your own.
The potency of CBD Oil
People who create their own CBD oil have the option to customize the strength of marijuana in the oil to get the desired dosage. Those who make their CBD oil can also make sure that the potency is accurate based on what they need.
CBD Effects on the Body
There are about 110 active cannabinoids in cannabis plants. One of the most known cannabinoids of cannabis is called cannabidiol (CBD). The cannabinoids found in cannabis plants can bind with receptor sites we have that works to restore our body to its optimum level of functionality. This is why cannabinoids like CBD can also influence the activity controlled by the body’s receptor sites. CBD oil is known for its beneficial use when it comes to managing pain, anxiety and depression, insomnia, psychosis, muscle spasms as well as neurodegenerative disorders and many other ailments or diseases.
Additionally, the endocannabinoid (ECS) system is responsible for the physical and psychological effects of marijuana on the human body. These include the control of some functions in our body such as appetite, mood, metabolism, sleep, immune function, temperature, digestion, cardiovascular function, neural development, memory and learning, and reproduction. Aside from these, the endocannabinoid system is also responsive to fighting illnesses in the body.
The ability of CBD to regulate and influence the endocannabinoid system makes it an effective remedy for many health issues. In this current time, the scope of CBD as a healing alternative is expanding and a lot of studies are already being conducted to research on the effectiveness of CBD oil usage.
The Ultimate Guide to Make CBD Oil through Oil Method
Oil method is highly suggested by weed pros and it is also a safe way to extract oil from cannabis. Moreover, extracting CBD oil using this method makes you avoid unwanted residues. Before you start with the process you must have carrier oils such as coconut or olive oil.
You are just a few steps away from making your CBD oil from marijuana. After gaining some valuable information about the benefits of CBD oil and how it works, it is time that we talk about the process of creating CBD oil.
- The first step is the decarboxylation process of your high-quality cannabis leaves and stems. You can skip this part if you already have decarboxylated cannabis. To do this, you have to bake the buds and leaves at a temperature of approximately 220°F for 90 to 100 minutes. This is an important process that you should not skip because this is the only way to activate the cannabinoid ingredients of your cannabis plants.
- After the decarboxylation process, get a container or a mason jar to mix the ground-up cannabis with the carrier oil of your choice. Then saturate the weed with the oil and you can gradually adjust the quantity of oil or add more cannabis. Once you are satisfied with the potency of the oil then you go to the next step.
- Now that the saturation process is completed, the next thing you will have to do is to bring the oil-weed mixture to a boil. Make sure that the lid of the container or Mason jar is properly secured to avoid the water from entering it and mixing with the oil.
- Prepare your pan and place a towel at the bottom. Place the container with the oil in the pan and fill it with water. Wait until it reaches at least 200 degrees. It is best to use a thermometer for this step to make sure that you reach the ideal water temperature.
- Check it from time to time making sure that the water has not completely evaporated. Do this for three hours and let it sit for another three hours.
- It is recommended to reheat the oil mixture again for another three hours. Then leave it overnight.
- Before you use the oil the next day do not forget to strain the mixture with cheesecloth and store it in a cool, dark and dry place.
The overall result of your CBD oil will greatly depend on the quality of cannabis or marijuana you will use. Another important thing to remember is to choose the best marijuana strain that will provide all your cannabis needs.
Try this method at home using our finest CBD seeds! Get them at sonomaseeds.com!
Making your CBD oil is a good first step, to begin with, if you are interested in medicating with edibles. There is no doubt that you can find and buy quality CBD oil in the market today. However, making high-quality CBD oil at the comfort of your home is also affordable and attainable.