Whey protein has been the most dominating billion-dollar industry for sports personalities and fitness freaks. However, very recently, consumers who are lactose-intolerant or vegans who prefer dairy-free products are shifting to hemp protein powder. It is derived from cannabis Sativa L. plant strain seed that is rich in manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, and iron. Moreover, hemp protein is abundant with 20 essential amino acids and antioxidants that are also beneficial for a healthy heart.
This article will take into account the benefits of using hemp protein.
1. Protein from hemp seed: Hemp seed is composed of both essential and non-essential amino acids. The protein derived from it contains an ample amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids (nearly 75-80% oil base), thus, making the protein easily digestible. While the more popular whey protein is a form of only concentrated protein, hemp-based protein is enriched with fats and fibers beneficial for your good heart. The presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids regulates blood pressure with its anti-inflammatory response.
- It is healthy for your cardiovascular system.
- The product is vegan.
- It does not let you get high.
2. Overall health benefits: Research has shown that hemp plant seed contains the lowest quantity of monounsaturated fatty acids. It significantly helps in the decrease of fibrinogen, while enhancing cardiac functions. Moreover, it protects the heart from atherosclerosis that is the hardening of arteries wall due to cholesterol deposition. Depending on the hemp protein brand, an optimum sized scoop contains nearly 112 calories, 6 grams of carb, 5 grams of fiber, and 3.6 grams of fat. Moreover, research on rats has shown that weed protein can significantly reduce systolic blood pressure keeping the heart in good shape. The presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 also acts on the source of dermatitis, effectively controlling it with the hemp oil base.
- Hemp protein has increased digestibility when compared to whey protein.
- It helps in keeping cholesterol at bay.
- It aids dermatitis.
3. Hemp protein over whey protein: Hemp protein stands beneficial for those on a ketogenic diet. Moreover, researches have shown that people generally consume more protein than it is necessary. Medical science discourages such overconsumption. Hemp protein has the optimum value of everything that is required by an adult body and thus prescribed over concentrated whey protein. Plant-based edibles are always safer for consumption and best for general wellbeing. The presence of albumin and edestin in hemp also regulates proper bowel movements. Studies have shown that the intake of more protein does not lead to muscle growth. But sustained consumption of optimum levels of protein results in muscle generation. While whey is more condense in protein, hemp protein is rich in ample amounts of iron, calcium, and fibers. Hemp contains optimum levels of protein.
- It helps in the proper regulation of bowel movement.
- Hemp protein comes with antioxidants and phytonutrients that are absent in whey.
With increasing popularity, hemp protein is becoming the foremost choice among athletes and sports personalities. Added with extra health benefits, hemp-protein is organic and consumable by every adult.